Monday, September 20, 2010

Ubuntu. The Anti Draft

My last weekend in the bay included a trip up to Napa to lunch with the ladies at the amazing Ubuntu. As it was last year, it was just as delightful this year. This year we went up the day of the Fantasy Football Draft, hence the anti-draft lunch.
Bonnie and I headed up together and took a little short cut and got there in record time. We started with all three of the snacks.

Olives.
Nuts.
And this garden bite.
Sorry girls we couldn't help ourselves. We devoured them.
Unfortunately, the other girls did not take Bonnie's tricky little short cut and the rest of our gang hit some wicked traffic. They were late. We got kicked out to the patio. But all was good.

So Bonnie and I patiently waited. We ate the snacks and opened Bonnie's New Zealand Savignon Blanc, all the way from, um, Bonnie's recent trip to New Zealand. Delightful*.

*I may be using this word a lot.
The rest of our gang arrived and everyone took a look at the menu.

Bonnie happily ordered for us by announcing - We'll have one of everything.

Awesome.

Now, I forgot to ask for the menu when we left and my memory is a little messed up right now, so descriptions of the all the food is completely out the door for me. I'm also too lazy to find the menu on the internet and figure it all out, so pictures will have to do.

Oh this ones easy - bread and butter. Delightful. :)
This soup.....
Cool and crisp. Delightful.
During our lunch our waiter got wind that it was this little guy's birthday and brought him out a spoonful and vanilla ice cream with a candle. Sweetness.
Yum. This was one of my favs
Pasta. We'll take another one please, we have a pregnant lady with us.
Incredible food presentation.
These chick peas. Yum. Number two fav.
And an egg. You can order a egg to accompany any of your dish for a little added protein.
Dessert!
Warm wonderful cookies.The End.

Of the food pics.

There's more.

We had a couple of little guys join us.
This little sleepy guy, too much.
All of us.
Prego mama with her sis.
Bumbin belly's - it's the thing to do.Now that's the end.

It was delightful.

Let's do it again. When I get back of course.

Oh wait, her are some more pics. The draft. I swung by to say Hi and Bye.
It's serious stuff. Melissa is such a sport to surrender her beautiful home to the boys of the draft.
Alright, really, that's it.

Adios.

No comments: