Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Catching Up

What have we been up to?

For starters, last week Jamie's dad popped into town for a goodbye visit. Annmarie got to spend time with both her Papa's, she loved every second of it.

We had dinner at the 21st Amendment - one of our old favorites.
On Friday Jamie and I celebrated my birthday by dining out at the Moss Room at the Academy.

This is actually the de Young. I was snapping photos as we walked in.
Here's the Academy.
And the restaurant.
We had a nice dinner - for starters the octopus and lobster for our main.
And of course birthday cake!
We really wanted to dine here because I had heard Charles Phan had consulted on the restaurant. Fun fact - Charles Phan use to live in our building. He's what some may call a food celebrity.

We enjoyed our meal and are really glad we made it before we left town.

Here we are working it for the self timer.
I think he put up with it because it was my birthday, what a sport.
Moving on to Saturday now - DMB Concert. We met up with our good friends and long time Dave buddies Allison and Meier. As well as Allison and Wendy - always two fun girls to see a show with. Too bad we didn't meet up during the show. We had met up earlier at Clarke's for burgers, where we reminisced about our trek up to the Gorge 9 years ago to see Dave for 3 consecutive days. It was an experience, a fun one, with many a story. I'll leave it at that. Judge as you will.Sunday we had a going away party at our favorite neighborhood sushi restaurant and I'll work on a separate post for that one.

And finally, for the last two days all our belongings were boxed and wrapped up and are now ready to get on a slow boat to OZ. Whoa. This is becoming very real.
I now sit in our hotel room typing this post and not really sure how I am still awake. Crazy nervous energy is what it is.

Well, I shall try and get some sleep. Goodnight.

1 comment:

The GVZs said...

Fun! I have always wanted to try the Moss Room. You guys have made such good progress. Can't wait to hear how the trip goes. XOXO