Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

While family and friends prepare traditional Thanksgiving feasts, I've been trying to figure out what this little family of three will do. I've come up with a menu with a Aussie spin that is calling for a lot of substitutes and alternatives. We'll see how it all goes tomorrow and I'll be sure to share. For the last two years we have opted to dine out for Thanksgiving, and for us that has been wonderful. I haven't had to give a Thanksgiving feast much thought. But I want to do something, even though the holiday is not celebrated here. We will also be joining a family on Saturday for another Thanksgiving dinner. And apparently, they were smart enough to request can pumpkin ahead of time from the States. They don't sell it here. The horror.

We want wish all our friends and family a Happy Thanksgiving. We'll be thinking of you.

And here are some pictures of Annmarie at the beach the other night. We're amidst the official beginnings of Summer down under and I'm sure this weekend we'll be paying a visit to the beach.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Great pics--hope you have a nice t-day!