Monday, November 15, 2010

Jamie's Great Idea

On Sunday Jamie suggested we take the ferry over to Ettalong Beach for the Oyster Festival (like how I am already blaming Jamie for this one?). A short 30 minute ferry ride was all it was. I worried about getting sea sick myself, but Jamie thought it was going to be mostly in the bay. Nope. Below is the a map. We took the ferry from Palm Beach which is the town right up from ours and crossed over part of the Tasman Sea to get to Ettalong. Huge swells ensued. And about 5 minutes into the swells Annmarie got sick. A breakfast of strawberries all over her father. Jamie looked like he had been shot.
From the expression on AM's face it looks like she knew something was going to happen.
Everything was beautiful leaving the harbour.
Nice and calm here.
When the swells hit I put my camera away.

AM was a real sport about whole thing. I hurried to clean up AM and then couldn't stop laughing at Jamie. Call me mean, that is just how I deal with things. I have had two epic car sick incidents with AM driving alone to see Jamie run a race, so this was sweet justice. We were out of the swells pretty quickly and when I asked AM how she was, she said - the boat was going too fast.

Once we got off the boat I did what any good mother would do and took a picture. We then got her some cold water
I'm pretty sure she is cursing that ferry and wondering why she is half naked.
AM cleaned up fine as most of the puke landed on Jamie. Fortunately, we had a change of clothes. Jamie brought along a long sleeve tee thinking he may need it if it was cool, yeah right, this is not S.F. It was good that he had a shirt to change into too, but too bad it was a heavy long sleeve tee because it ended up being sweltering hot outside.

We braved the Oyster festival, where I didn't take any pictures because it was too hot to move. We found some shade and relaxed for a bit and Jamie brought food and cold beer over to us.

We were very wary about the ferry ride back. The same skipper was oh so happy to see us again, but he told us the sea was much calmer now. Jamie took AM to the top of the boat where there was plenty of air and we crossed successfully. You're actually not in the sea part for that long and the ferry goes pretty fast, it was too bad AM just couldn't have held on just a bit longer.
(on the way back - some race was going on)

We definitely got a girl that gets car and sea sick.

No comments: