In an effort to be healthy I made some granola Saturday morning. I felt a little hippy dippy making my own granola, but this stuff is worth it. I'll post the recipe soon.

Later that afternoon we headed to the
GVZ's for Norah's birthday bug bash. Annmarie had a blast and I let her have not one but two mini cupcakes. I think Janet did some sugar alternative substitute stuff for the kids cupcakes (she does things like that), so I thought why not. And when AM wasn't pushing around the baby play strollers she actually played with some of Norah's cool pals. It was a great day for a party and fun was had by all. And Janet - Jamie was mildly obsessed with the mango salsa. Did you make it?

Later that evening Jamie embarked on making Ant's ribs. It's a process to say the least. And I'm a little bummed because there are definitely no vampires coming to this house, due the amount of garlic that is used in this recipe. My house may never smell the same again. This may not bode well for the upcoming Eclipse party. Oh yes, the count down is on. I realize the blog has been Twilight shy for a bit, but no need to fret, Edward will be coming out soon. I'm amidst re-reading
Eclipse to get back in the vibe and I just finished reading the
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: Eclipse Novella. I liked it.
Anyway back to Jamie's ribs...
Here is the prep on Saturday night.

Here they are right before they went into the oven to be anchor 'steamed' for three and half hours.

After the steam bath.

And the finished product. Probably not so healthy. Not sure how I went from granola to ribs. But oh where these good. I'll look into the copyright protections on the rib recipe and maybe I'll post it.

Jamie's Dad joined us for dinner and Annmarie enjoyed her bedtime stories this evening with Papa Tom.

Ok - the end.
1 comment:
Great recap. The cupcakes were actually full fat (butter), full sugar. The recipe is Amy Sedaris' Vanilla Cupcakes. She doesn't use a LOT of sugar thought, and I thought it was way more important to be high fructose corn syrup/preservative free. As for the mango salsa, yes I made it. If driving to Costco counts as making it. :)
Post a Comment