Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Angela’s Book Review: ECLIPSE

To summarize the three books in a sentence; book one is about finding true love, the second losing true love and now the third about choosing true love.

Eclipse encompasses the love triangle known as Bella, Edward and Jacob. There is a lot of back-story in the beginning of this book that I felt very unnecessary, but I went with it. I did enjoy some more of the private moments, for example Rosalie’s story.

Bella did start to annoy me in this book. I related to her in the first and grieved with her in the second. I suppose I am not happy with the way she treated Edward and her realization of Jacob. I am definitely a Team Edward member. But I forgive her, she is still real to me.

Edward also had his annoying moments as well. It wasn’t until this book that he started acting as a boyfriend. The tent scene with Jacob is one my favorites in the book. Jacob is a bit obnoxious to me, but he does bring most of the humor to the book.

The book(s) remain incredibly cheesy, but I won’t stop reading, because as I have said before – I’m hooked! On to book 4 –Breaking Dawn.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Can't wait to raed your reaction to #4. I think we should have a viewing party when the DVD is released this month!

JAMS' HOUSE said...

That is a fantastic idea! Let’s do it! I have the DVD in my Netflix queue.