Let me tell you about our trip to Vail. It was awesome.After a little debacle at the Hertz Gold Member station (apparently Jamie no longer has any kind of travel status); a trip to Qdoba Mexican Grill (a Chipotle look alike, with yummy tortilla soup) and some minor traffic in Denver and in the Mountains we made it to Vail.
We arrived Thursday night to our fabulously decorated kitschy mountain house, adorned with an antler chandler, a ram carpet and saws as art. We were greeted by our eleven other house guests (yes, that made 14 of us in one house), who just happened to have prepared grilled steaks and all the fixings. We settled in (fortunately Jamie and I had our own room with a bathroom) and had wine with friends and prepared for skiing the next day.




After a full day of skiing; I was wiped out. We stayed in and enjoyed a pasta dinner; watched a fiercely competitive curling match (Canada vs. Sweden) and later sipped on warm snugglers prepared by John.
Pretty much the entire house headed down to the Gondola that morning, which was a pretty easy to get to from our house, about a 200 yard walk on the road and then you were able to strap on and go down.


That evening we went out for dinner in the Loinshead village. There are two other villages that I didn’t even see; Vail is huge. The easiest way down to the village was to walk down the ski slope, which made for a fun adventure.Here I am landing my triple toe loop.
Jamie and I opted to dine by ourselves and have a moment. We had a nice dinner at Montauk Seafood Grill where we enjoyed this chocolate cake and some port.
During and after dessert I got a little carried away with the crayons on the table and I was missing Annmarie. I started drawing a ski jump, which later turned into the Golden Gate Bridge with the city sky line and Tsunami type waves. It must have been the altitude.
We packed up early Sunday morning, like 6:00 am early and headed down the mountain for home.Final thoughts:
Even though there were 14 people in the house it never felt like it.
Private hot tub after skiing was nice.
I can’t remember the last time I skied two days in a row. I was beat.

No comments:
Post a Comment