Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Use Library

It's a start.

Annmarie and I went to the newly renovated Potrero Hill Branch Library on Sunday and picked up our new library cards.

The Potrero branch has been closed for years now. Funding issues and such put the renovation on hold for a long time. But last week it opened. It's a small library, but everything is brand spanking new and clean. All new books, DVD's, books on CD, computers, etc. And within walking distance.Annmarie picked out three books to take home. I have feeling she is not going to like it when we have to return the Wheels on the Bus book.
Check out the view. I have not been a user of the Public Library system in quite some time. I love LOVE buying new books. I love bookstores; am captivated by book cover art and love the feel of new books. But in an effort to save some money, I'm going to try and use the library. It's also a great resource to get books on CD.

And I know this is not new to most people, but it's totally interactive. You can save books, renew items, etc.- all online. They'll even e-mail you when your request is filled. Awesome.

----

P.S. Did you notice AM's new haircut? Post about that forthcoming.

1 comment:

The GVZs said...

I was just going to ask if she got a haircut! It looks really good. I was mildly obsessed with the library as a kid, but I will admit I haven't used it the way I should as an adult. I am totally there with you on the love of bookstores and I am hard on books--I love them a lot and I read them in the bathtub--which doesn't bode so well for library books. I also have a hard time sometimes finding what I am looking for, as our branch has a somewhat limited selection. When I commuted on the train I was better about it because I was going through several a week. I hope they have a story time at your branch-that's the best part about ours.