Monday, September 17, 2012

On Ben's Birthday

Which was two weeks ago now.
We've been to Fiji and back. And sick sick sick and still sick.
But we won't talk about that now.
Here is what we did on Ben's first Birthday!

In the morning, before Annmarie went to preschool I tried to take their picture.
Ben wanted nothing to do with that.
He did want to wrestle. It's like instinctual with boys, he would do this all day.
We headed to the Boat House for lunch.
(Ben playing with oyster shells)

Yum lunch and a glass of champagne for me!



(Trying to get a picture with the Birthday Boy)

That evening we had cupcakes. I made some simple strawberry cupcakes, because strawberries are his favorite. Jamie thought it was a little feminine, but I'm not quite ready for Ben on chocolate. He looks very serious in these pictures, but rest assured he loved the cupcake and had it devoured in minutes. I actually took some of it away when I realized it was seven o'clock and probably not the best thing to be having right before bed. Thankfully he was fine.


And that was Ben's birthday. No big party, but dude got a trip to Fiji. We left the next day.

------

I'll also sneak in a couple of pictures of the day before, my Birthday. Somehow I feel this will always be the case.

Jamie and I headed into Sydney for the afternoon and had a fab lunch at Sushi E and then headed down to the Opera Bar for a drink. It was divine.

Yay for Birthdays!

No comments: