banana pineapple muffin :: AM and the stone seal :: AM with Dad's guitar :: filling for veggie enchiladas (recipe below) :: jonquils :: morning tea Vegetable Enchiladas
Recipe adapted from Martha. Basically, I like to use zucchini over spinach and add little more vegetable broth to the sauce. Also, I usually just make in a 9X13 dish, it doesn't make the full 16, but I end up using all the filling - I just add more of the filling to the tortillas. You can always change the veggies up too.
Ingredients
-2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for baking dishes
-2 teaspoons ground cumin
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1/4 cup tomato paste
-2 cups vegetable broth
-coarse salt and ground pepper
-3 cups grated pepper Jack cheese
-1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
-1 zucchini, chopped
-1 can of corn
-6 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
-16 corn tortillas (6-inch)
Directions
Make sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add 1 teaspoon cumin, flour, and tomato paste; cook, whisking, 1 minute. Whisk in broth and 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until slightly thickened, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Make filling: In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheese, beans, zucchini, corn, scallion whites, and remaining 1 teaspoon cumin; season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil two 8-inch square baking dishes; set aside.
Stack tortillas, and wrap in damp paper towels; microwave on high for 1 minute. Top each tortilla with a heaping 1/3 cup of filling; roll up tightly and arrange, seam side down, in prepared baking dishes.
Dividing evenly, sprinkle enchiladas with remaining 1 cup cheese (I like to add a little more), and top with sauce. Bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Garnish with scallion greens or other favorites - cilantro, sour cream, etc.

No comments:
Post a Comment