Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Bump :: 34 Weeks

It's going so fast, yet I'm starting to forget what it's like not to be prego. I'm pretty wiped out by the end of the day, but typically have a good amount of energy to get through the day. I have been skipping out on taking naps, as this will usually ensure I sleep well at night. We've pulled all of Annmarie's baby gear out of the garage and it's in the house. We have done a few things to prepare for the little guy, but still have a lot to do. We are going to hold off on getting his room ready until after his arrival. He'll be in our room for a while anyway. Plus we are going to have some visitors - first my parents are coming out (again) a few days before the guess date and then a little while later Nana is coming (again). Therefore, we will keep the guest room available for them. So, if anyone else wants to come out and babysit and help out, oh I mean, visit the beautiful Northern Beaches of Sydney, now is the time (of course, we will always welcome visitors, you may just end up on a air mattress or the sofa bed). I haven't wanted to jinx myself, but one great thing about this pregnancy is that I have had very little swelling. I had a lot with AM and by the end of the day my feet, ankles, and hands would be so puffy and at one point I couldn't wear my rings. I think this probably happened because I was working and was sitting for long periods of time. I am a lot more active this time around and that has helped. While my weight gain has been very similar to AM, I'm carrying it all in my belly, it's big, heavy and round. I felt that I filled out a lot more with AM, maybe because of the swelling. Well, six weeks to go, if not sooner.

1 comment:

Cathy B. said...

I carried all in front with both Jamie and Jon - maybe it is a "boy" thing?