1. The Wiggles. Ben is not really into TV, with the exception of the Wiggles. They drive me crazy, but Ben loves them. You do what you gotta do.
2. We've been really lucky to have found a great babysitter (one of Annmarie's preschool teachers) and Jamie and I have been going out a bit more. I always put Ben to sleep before we leave and Annmarie is easy to deal with. This was our entree from the other night- chilli calamari, form one of our fav restaurants, which we can walk too. Here's to not having to worry about driving!
3. It was multicultural day a school, Annmarie dressed up as a American cowboy. All I had to do was get a hat and the snap shirt belongs to Ben. Not all that creative, but Annmarie loved the outfit and she thought she looked like Woody.
4. This never happens - Ben passing out on the floor. He had just thrown an epic tantrum and I think he just had had it with himself.
Two words - Golden Door. I got away for the first time (since being in Oz) all by myself, without Jamie or the kids. I went with one of my Mum friends. I went the the Golden Door health spa for a little weekend retreat in the Hunter Valley. I rested, got my yoga on, went for a 10K hike, was pampered in the spa, ate really healthy food, went to the amazing Tamurlaine Organic Winery, and really missed my coffee. It was amazing. I'd go back in a second even if you can't get coffee or wine on premisses.
Do you spy the roo's boxing? This was right outside my room.
In other news...
Annmarie just completed her first term at school, she goes year round. We had a teacher conference last week and the teacher said a lot of great things, but what I was happiest to hear is how she is becoming more confident in class. She loves bringing 'news' to school and the teacher also noted that she likes to chat it up with the boys ;). She has a little over a two week break and hopefully we find a good balance of staying busy and having some down time.





No comments:
Post a Comment