That there line is our inside joke.
You see, two years ago when Jamie ran Boston he went a little crazy with the Boston swag running catalog. Firstly, when you sign up for the race you get a shirt - then Jamie proceeded to buy the following: a short sleeve shirt, a long sleeve shirt, a hoody sweatshirt, a running wind breaker type of jacket, running shorts, a hat, a teddy bear for Annmarie, and a couple of pint glasses. Am I forgetting anything? Probably (oh he also got a medal). Was it a bit excessive? Absolutely. When I saw everything, I rolled my eyes and told him there would be no mistaking that he ran Boston. Then I thought, if I'd ran the Boston Marathon I would have probably done the same thing. Shit I would have gotten a tattoo on my forehead that said - I ran Boston Bitches! Except I'm not really into tattoos, especially facial ones and I typically keep my profanity amongst friends. Also, there is no chance in hell you would ever see me run a marathon. Anyway, you get the idea. I guess you can't make fun of a guy after completing a lifetime goal. Although, that's exactly what I am doing.
So you see whenever Jamie wears one of his Boston items (which is a lot because it makes up half his wardrobe), I say to him - so, did you run Boston? Chuckle Chuckle ha ha. We've even added to the question - with Too Short? Our other code/inside joke for when we have talked about something too much and it starts getting annoying.
Do you follow?
Look. I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say here. Except that Boston is in our hearts. And I really really really wish this kind of violence would stop.
(John and Jamie Boston Marathon 2011)


1 comment:
I immediately thought about J when I heard the news. So unbelievable. I like your thinking about the tattoo, though. That would be sweet.
Post a Comment