Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lately

We are in the middle of winter down here. We have had some chilly temps. Well chilly is all relative I guess. It gets cold at night, but we have had some great sunny days too. It always seems colder than what it is because homes around here are not built with winters in mind. The winter season is so short around here you just need to deal with a chilly house. We have had some very beautiful, clear, crisp sunsets.
The kids have had their share of runny noses and coughs and pajama days. Annmarie fell sick this weekend with her first fever of the season, which is never fun. Poor thing. When the sun is out we try and make the most of it.
It's whale season around here too. The humpbacks are making their way north and you can see them off the coast. Avalon had a little whale festival this weekend and I saw some whales right off the coast here. They were pretty far out, but I had a pair of binoculars and I could clearly see them. There was also a little table set up from a local whale watching company providing the public information about the whales and helping spot the whales. It was very cool.

No comments: