I use to share the books that I've read here on the blog. I haven't done that in a while primarily because I took a long reading break when we first moved to Australia. I spent most of my time reading the internet and magazines and not really opening a book. I also spent a lot of time watching horrible Australian TV, and by horrible Australian TV, I mean horrible American TV broadcasted here. Then for my Birthday last year I got an iPad (one of the best things ever invented) and started reading books on there. Never thought I would be a fan of digital readers, but I love it. Also, when you are nursing a newborn eight to ten times a day it's the perfect way to read a book.
Here are some books that I have enjoyed recently.
The Hunger Games - Of course I read this, who hasn't?
Bossypants by Tina Fey - Huge girl crush on Tina Fey. Favorite bits included when she talks about being a Mother, and her breastfeeding experience had me rolling on the ground laughing. A lot of laugh out loud moments.
Two Kisses for Maddy - Started following Matt Logelin's Blog when I saw him on Oprah years ago. The book should come with a box of Kleenex attached to it.
Unbroken - What can I say about this book? Amazing. Read it. Even if you're not into war books, read it. Here is the link. I got a hard copy of this book so Jamie could read it (I'm a little selfish with my iPad. Ski racks, Jamie, ski racks). Anyway, one of the best books I have read.
Mothers' Group- Written by a local Sydney Author and the book specifically takes place in the Northern Beaches of Sydney where we are living. More dramatic than what I was expecting, but good. Kleenex needed for this book too.
Bringing up Bebe - There are so many books out there about how the French do everything better than everyone else, so I wasn't so sure I wanted to read this. But I liked it. I look at as an account of Author's experience versus a parenting book. There is some practical advise too.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment