Thursday, March 01, 2012

Ben :: Six Months

Ben was six months on Tuesday, 28th.

Six Months!!! I know yada yada yada. Every mum says it as every month passes by, but really, it goes by so fast. And I'm just going to keep saying it - how can my baby already be six months old!

They sure don't stay new for long.

The other evening we were out with one of Jamie's colleagues that just had a baby and I couldn't help but swoon over this little baby that just stayed cuddled up in his mum's carrier like a little koala. Ben on the other hand was sitting on our laps trying to pull all the cutlery off the table and eat all the napkins. It's just so crazy what a difference months can make.

This has been the month of grabbing. For everything. Everything. Then he puts it in his mouth and tosses it to the side. Repeat. He pivots in circles and is showing the first signs of a commando crawl, well, it looks more like the breath stroke. He also enjoys sitting up on his bottom, he's still a bit wobbly, but he loves the perspective. He's on two solid meals a day, dinner being his best meal. He also likes to grab the spoon out of your hand and gag himself. It's a constant fight. His favorite food being sweet potatoes and pumpkin. I breastfeed him five to six times a day. He's on the same sleep schedule as last month, no complaints here. We usually just bring him in the shower with one of us, but when he does get a bath he loves it. We are totally lacking in taking video of him, I resolve to change that soon. He has the best giggles. He's beginning to look at books and then he tries to eat them. He weighs about 18.5 pounds and I will be taking him in for his six month check-up soon.

Ben is such a joy and you can't but help but squeeze and kiss him all day long, so I do.

No comments: