Friday, March 30, 2012

Ben :: Seven Months

Another month has gone by and as someone said in our mum's group - the bub's are closer to one than their birth date. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up having a babe glued to my hip. I often carry Ben in the Ergo when we are out and people are always saying - isn't he heavy. Um, why yes he is, but I like having him on me. And I know it won't be long before he isn't going to want to be there. Plus there are always stairs and slopes around here where I can't maneuver a pram down and when we are at home he is always getting placed on the floor and fending for himself. Speaking of floor play, he is all over the place. His breast stroke crawl has just accelerated and he isn't scared to go anywhere. Last week he started sitting up on his own, this is a little scary, because he is still a bit wobbly. But fortunately, the last couple of days his protective reflexes seemed to have kicked in.

He is eating well. Prefers food with a little more texture. He is not a fan of baby food in the jar, therefore I spend a good amount of time making his food. And with six very visible teeth he is ready to chomp. We've started giving him bits of crumbs like toast and he loves it. His teeth literally seemed to pop out with no warning, but he is going through some teething difficulties now.

Ben's still on the same sleep schedule. Goes to sleep around 8:00 pm wakes at 6:00 am for some milk, goes back for two more hours. He's still taking three naps, but I think he is getting ready to drop the last evening one. Truth be told I really don't mind his 6:00 am wake up call, it's pretty much our only quite time and he is so cuddly and delicious at this time. He typically falls right back to sleep when nursing and I get to cuddle with him for a bit with his head on my shoulder before I lie him back down in his cot.

Ben tends to go through a little fuss period at dinner time (of course), but it doesn't last too long. He can be calmed down by going outside or taking a shower/bath. He also loves playing downstairs in the play area, I don't know what it is - I guess it's just the change of scenery. But he'll giggle and crawl and wrestle all the stuffed animals. So right before bedtime we let Ben play downstairs while we gather the 5000 things Annmarie needs before she goes to bed.

We love you Ben!
(chew chew chew)
(channeling his inner vampire)
(my assistant)
(I'm done)

No comments: