Friday, October 28, 2011

Ben :: Two Months

TWO months! Our Bruiser weighs in at 6 kg or 13 pounds! He's huge. He drinks heaps of milk. Luckily, now in the morning and afternoon he can go 2.5 to 3 hours between feeds and then at night he wants them closer together. He is typically down for the night at 10:00 pm, wakes at 3 or 4 to eat, up at 6:30 am and then sleeps another hour or two. I spend that hour or two running around like a mad women getting AM ready, myself ready and any chores completed. We then start our day.

He has really changed in just the last week, he does a lot more 'talking' and there are more smiles. He's also easier to sooth.....meaning he just doesn't scream in your ear for no apparent reason. He was starting to worry us there for a bit. I even pulled out the baby books. And I think it just comes down to; that Annmarie was pretty much an Angel baby and went with the flow, whereas Ben is a little more touchy and needs a little more back patting. But, he has been a lot more easy to figure out the last week and hopefully this will continue. Those first six weeks where hit or miss. We are also getting into our own rhythm of things and that feels good. I can give myself a little pat on the back for being able to take care of two kids.

I joined a Mom's group this month. We started giving him a bottle, not a huge fan, but he'll drink it. His naps are becoming a little predicable - 3 to 4 a day. He still has awesome rock-star hair and has lost a lot of it on the sides.

By no means are we letting him cry it out right now. But there are have been instances wherein I am dealing with a Annmarie crisis and I'm unable to deal with her while trying to settle a crying baby. So Ben ends up in his cot - with a hang in there buddy, I'll be back as soon as I can, and when I go to check on him - he's out. So I have been giving him some time or what I like to call - time to work things out. Some times he can work it out, other times he needs my help to get to sleep. We'll go with it for now, but this kid will need some sleep training when he gets a bit older.

Annmarie is my little mama bear shadow and is actually quite helpful. We seem to be over the major adjustment issues we where having (I may need to do a post on that).

It's fun being a family of four. And even though some days are long, it's so special to have a baby in the house.

We love you Ben!

(pics taken over the last 2 days)

1 comment:

The GVZs said...

He is so beautiful. I see so much of AM in his cute face!