With Ben - no such luck. I lose count after the 8th or 9th feed and the 4th/5th dirty diaper.
I have managed to keep track of his weight. I have a handy little blue book that the hospital gave us to track these sort of things.
Here is Ben's weight progress so far:
He dropped a significant amount of weight by the 3rd day - 11%. They weighed him early in the morning. Luckily my milk came in that day and he ate like a champ - like all day long and put on 145 grams in 24 hours. By the time we left the hospital he was almost back to his birth weight. He didn't do much from when we left the hospital and the 6th. On the 6th we had a nurse come see us at home. I weighed him yesterday at our community health center and he weighs 9 + lbs. He put on 210 grams in one week! They like to see 150 grams a week. It's comforting to know that he is getting enough milk; the boy likes to eat.Here we are after a feed.
Photo taken with my brand new iPad that I got for my Birthday! Thanks Jamie. I'm thinking the iPad was invented for breastfeeding mothers. It's perfect for when all you have is one hand. I love you again Apple.

1 comment:
He is so cute I can barely stand it. But I need you to convert grams into pounds and ounces, please. :)
Post a Comment