Note :: More details to come. The short of it is - I went into labor on Saturday, the 27th (my birthday), labored (naturally) for 20 hours. It was then decided the best method of getting him out would be by doing a c-section (ouch!). I have spent the last 5 days recovering and getting to know little Benjamin (or should I say BIG Ben - 8 lbs. 14 oz. - that's 2 whole pounds heavier than Annmarie). I'm at a wonderful hospital in Sydney and I'm entitled to stay 6 nights post delivery. I'm taking full advantage of that and since the food is half way decent it's not so bad. The nurses and midwives are also extremely helpful. Of course, I do miss the husband and Annmarie and I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow. He's a sweet little guy and looks a lot like his sister did as a infant, but acts nothing like her. We all couldn't be more in love.
Friday, September 02, 2011
Our Little Mate is Here!
Note :: More details to come. The short of it is - I went into labor on Saturday, the 27th (my birthday), labored (naturally) for 20 hours. It was then decided the best method of getting him out would be by doing a c-section (ouch!). I have spent the last 5 days recovering and getting to know little Benjamin (or should I say BIG Ben - 8 lbs. 14 oz. - that's 2 whole pounds heavier than Annmarie). I'm at a wonderful hospital in Sydney and I'm entitled to stay 6 nights post delivery. I'm taking full advantage of that and since the food is half way decent it's not so bad. The nurses and midwives are also extremely helpful. Of course, I do miss the husband and Annmarie and I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow. He's a sweet little guy and looks a lot like his sister did as a infant, but acts nothing like her. We all couldn't be more in love.
Labels:
Buba
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
he is adorable! Very happy for all of you! Congrats!!
He really is absolutely gorgeous. I am sorry to hear about the hard labor and even more sorry to hear about the c-section. It's really tough. Take good care of yourself and take those pain meds! I love, love, love his name (Hugh was actually on our short list). Can't wait to see more pics and hear how you guys are doing. xoxo
Congratulations!!! He is SO adorable, and looks like he's already 2 months old! AM will be such a good big sister I'm sure. :)
I know I am prejudiced but he is absolutely beautiful! Jamie had the same hairdo when he was born. Can't wait to snuggle with him!
Angela,
You and Jamie make beautiful babies! Congrats on your new addition :-) By the way, your blog is beautiful, you take amazing photos. It looks like its straight out of a magazine!
Rest well.
Love and support from a far,
Sabrina
Post a Comment