Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ben :: One Month

(Ben and Mom in our jammies)

Ben is literary growing before our eyes. Flip that bub upside down and one moth ago he was inside my belly. How can that be? I'm not sure I'll ever comprehend that.

Benjamin is doing great. He's a dream in the morning and we get our best play time in then. We have no routine yet, but will be working on one shortly. He smiles in his sleep, loves to be cuddled and prefers to be swaddled. At night he sleeps in our room in a bassinet next to me. He typically has one good four (or even five) hour sleep stretch. He naps on and off through out the day, mostly in the bouncy seat with the white noise machine app on - this has worked wonders the last couple of days. He tends to be more moody in the evening and likes to scream (loud) for no apparent reason. He also screams like no ones business when he's hungry - which is often. He eats all. day. long. He is getting better at nappy changes and once in a while even seems to enjoy them. He has a big sister that adores him, however she can often be a little too enthusiastic around him, but that's ok, he'll have his day.

I'm doing well - things felt a lot better after three weeks - post slice. I'm looking forward to summer and warmer temperatures. Jamie is a great Dad (which I already knew) and usually handles Ben when he goes through his off time at night, by pacing with him around the house. Jamie was off from work for two weeks. We then had the help of my parents for two weeks and Nana is coming out for a week. We've been out to dinner a handful of times and Annmarie and I have had a couple of dates, just the two of us.

It's been a bit of a crazy month - having a newborn and a almost 4 year old and trying to figure out how this will all work out, but I'm trying to remember this time is short lived and oh so special.

No comments: