Taking advantage of our current live-in babysitters, Jamie and I headed up to the Hunter Valley for the weekend. The Hunter is the big wine region here in NSW. It's beautiful and there are a ton of wineries; more than you can visit in one weekend. They are all concentrated in one area, it's a little overwhelming with all the choices. It's a wine lover's dream. It was a low key weekend, it being right after the Easter holiday. We enjoyed some great food, some much needed alone time, and Jamie indulged in a lot of wine.
We stopped at the
Champagne House for lunch. Here is my soup. Jamie had oysters, a quail salad and a couple glasses of their sparkling reds. We also had a good cheese plate.

They also have a chocolate shop.

We picked up these treats.

We then stopped at the
Hungerford Hill winery.
(Did you know that Jamie ran the Boston Marathon. He did. With T0o $hort - Inside Joke)
We stayed at the
Hermitage Lodge. We had dinner at their restaurant that evening.

Us the next morning.

I went along for the ride as Jamie tasted some wines and I took pictures.


We then had a fantastic lunch at
Bistro Molines.

They have some of the best views in the valley.



It was a great weekend getaway. Can't wait to make it up there when I can enjoy some of the vino.
No comments:
Post a Comment