
Here is a little Q&A re our buba.
How far along are you? I’m 21 weeks and my guess date is August 23rd.
When did you find out? We found out in December, right before AM’s birthday.
Gender? Boy. No question in our minds. We have pretty compelling evidence.
How are you feeling? I’m feeling good. Besides this cold I have been fighting for the last week, everything has felt good and normal. I had some nausea and exhaustion the first trimester, but I would just nap when AM napped – like all the time. And then like clockwork during my 13th week I started feeling a lot better and had way more energy. The best part - all our ultrasounds and tests have shown that all is healthy and well.
Do you like being pregnant? Yes. I think it’s a pretty awesome. With Annmarie I never felt any signs of pregnancy until I started feeling her move. With this one I am way more aware of being pregnant. I’m also playing the pregnant card a lot more – just ask Jamie. I rest when I need to and let people help whenever they offer. Annmarie and I never try to do more than we can handle.
Can you feel the baby move? Oh yes. A lot. He is very active. I started feeling flutters around 15 weeks.
Cravings? During the start of the pregnancy I was craving cold cold fruit, smoothies and milk shakes, this probably had more to do with it just being ridiculously hot this summer, rather than being pregnant. I haven’t had any other real cravings.
How is the health care system in Australia? I have no complaints so far. I found a great OB and I’m really happy with him. All the same tests and protocols they have for pre-natal care in the US are the same here. Also, you are given more time in the hospital post delivery for a ‘normal’ birth - four nights for a vaginal delivery and six nights for C-section. And word on the street is the hospital food is supposedly great, in like people have babies at this hospital just for the food. We shall see.
Will he ever be president of the USA? Good question. If you know any immigration people have them give me a call. I’m guessing we’ll find out about all this immigration/citizen stuff pretty soon. We’ll need to get the little guy a passport pretty quickly after birth, because we are hoping to make it back to the States for the Holidays. Weather he’ll have dual citizenship or whatever, I’m not really sure. I’m guessing he’ll have some residency rights to OZ?
Have you got a name picked out? No. We are working on it. We’ll probably come up with a short list like we did for Annmarie and then once we meet the little guy face to face we will see what suits him best.
What does Annmarie think? Annmarie gets it. She likes to kiss, hug and rub my belly. She likes to pretend that she has a baby in her belly. She called it from day one that it was going to be a boy. She also likes to talk about it and asks a ton of questions. The other day she asked me how it was going to come out and I thought, oh my, but I told her the doctor was going to help me and she seemed happy with the answer (she idolizes doctors and thinks they can do anything). She is going to make a great big sister. I know it’s going to be a huge change for her. Ever since moving to OZ we have had a lot of togetherness, but she also has become increasingly more independent since starting preschool and this should hopefully help things. She’ll almost be 4 when the baby arrives, so she’ll understand a lot and I’m hoping a lot of help. She’ll also increase her days at preschool when she turns 4 and this will give the baby and I some good one on one time. I think I may have a harder time with missing Annmarie
I think that sums up the basics. We couldn't be more excited.

1 comment:
Love this post! So glad you are feeling good. AM is going to be a great big sister. I think it makes a huge difference when they are old enough to really understand.
Post a Comment