Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Magic Sleeper

Annmarie has slept in one of these SleepSacks since she was about one month. Right after she decided she no longer wanted to be swaddled and wanted her hands free, primarily to put in her mouth. My childhood friend April sent me a box full of them, courtesy of her twin boys. Basically, as soon as we started using the SleepSack Annmarie started sleeping through the night. She would sleep 7, 8 sometimes even 9 or 10 hours at time at like six weeks. It was amazing. I would still wake up and wonder, why isn’t she waking up? Isn’t she hungry? Shouldn’t she eat? Our Pediatrician assured us, that “some babies just like to sleep”, that when she is hungry she will let you know. He also asked us not to let the parents in the waiting room know how much our baby liked to sleep. I suppose I’m blowing our cover now.

The SleepSack, therefore got coined the Magic Sleeper, because it appeared to have magical sleep qualities. To this day Annmarie still sleeps in one. It’s become part of our bedtime routine – bath, books, rice cereal (we still give her a little rice cereal before bed for some extra calories and iron), brush teeth, magic sleeper, cuddle, bed. And because evenings are pretty cool in S.F., she typically wears one every night. When we lay one down on the floor, Jamie and I sing “Its Magic Sleeper Time” and she goes over and lays down on it. It’s really precious. I think she is going to sleep in one until she is 12. Really, and I just found out while typing this post that they make them for kids - see here. I'm so happy. I guess after that, she will need to move to a Snuggie.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

What a cutie!! I love it when Katie puts her head down to mimic sleep.

We never used a sleeping bag...just forgot to try the one I bought when I was pregnant. Also, Katie was a good sleeper until last week! Maybe I'll go get one!

The GVZs said...

I love the fact that you have a Magic Sleeper song. It's sickingly adorable. I also hate you (just a little bit) for having such a good sleeper. Can AM give Norah some lessons?