We started the evening at the bar and we both had yummy cocktails. I had a French 75, I made these once for Cooking Club, but never had one in a bar before. It was very refreshing. We were seated at our table and ordered oysters – Beau Soleil (my fav), and homemade gnocchi. For entrĂ©es', I ordered the halibut and Jamie had the quail. We had a very pleasant waiter, who actually told us that he enjoyed serving us and liked that we were "not dicks on a Saturday night." He noted on Saturday nights he typically gets very demanding tables and enjoyed talking with us. We had talked to him about Annmarie and other restaurants. Two of my favorite topics. Overall, the food was really good, nothing that blew me away, but good nonetheless. I would go back. We also enjoyed a nice bottle of wine and of course we had dessert, a meyer lemon pavlova. Yum!
(pictures taken complements of the iPhone)

1 comment:
Sounds fabulous. And I love the photo essays!
Post a Comment