Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

We celebrated Dad by...

Going to the park on Saturday.
Then Jamie got to choose where he wanted to have dinner. We went to a Brazilian barbeque place - Braza. If you like meat, this is your place. We both agreed that this place was better than than one in SF. It was good.

Annmarie ate a crazy amount of rice and beans. Jamie ate a crazy amount of meat. I was somewhere in the middle.
Enjoying some iphone time.
On Sunday we went the little aquarium that they have in Manly - Ocean World.
Annmarie dived right into the touch pool and thought it was funny to dry her hands on Dad.
It was so great to have the sun shining, as it made for a nice Father's Day weekend.

I asked AM what her favorite thing to do with her Dad is and she said:
(pic taken in North Ryde at our temp apartment)

Note: Jamie has been designated night-time story teller since the beginning. It's always been a good time for Jamie and Annmarie to spend some alone time together and Jamie appears to have more patience with this ritual than I do. There have been phases where she will insist I read to her at night, but we try to get her back on track with Dad. Plus I have typically always been the one to put AM down for her naps and there is always a story involved there. And we've probably been through more during the day. So by the time night-time rolls around it's Dad's turn. I'm glad it's one of her favorite things to do with Dad.


Happy Father's Day!

No comments: