Saturday, December 12, 2009

Annmarie Turns 2!

Dear Annmarie,

Today is your 2nd Birthday! Happy Day! I can hardly believe two years have gone by and I as a think about that I can’t help but well up with tears. Every day I tell you how much I love you and mean it with every fiber of my heart. I just love watching you grow and my heart has grown right along with you. Watching you grow and learn has been pure magic.

Oh how I love you…….

I love your jibber jabber talk. Your language skills may be considered a little delayed, but at 21 months they started to kick in and they have been expanding every day since. I would say your top ten favorite words would be; mama, dada, babe, hat, hot, help, up, shoes, cracker and juice.

I love your rockstar bed-head in the morning and you have the sweetest head of curls. We have yet to cut your hair and I love the way you take your whole hand to get your hair out of your face.

I love the way you run. You started walking when you were a little over a year and now you run. Everywhere. When you want to get some place you’ll take off running. This walking thing seems a little too slow for you. This thrills your father to no end.

I love that you still will cuddle with me at night. I love it when you rest your head on my shoulder and wrap your long legs around my waist. This has to be one of my favorite times of the day. You often prefer your mama to put you to bed at night, but there are nights when you will jump into Dad's arms and he'll put you to bed. You are still a great sleeper and will sleep anywhere to 11 to 12 hours a night and take a two hour nap. Don’t get me wrong, you have had your days, but they have been few.

I love the way you dance dance dance. You use to sway back and forth to the beat of the music. Now you like twirl (which makes you extremely dizzy and you fall to the ground and laugh) and stomp your foot and clap your hands when you dance. You love music.

I love that peek-a-boo or hide-and-seek is still one of your favorite games. You will hide in corner, close your eyes and say Ann-me for me come find you. I love that it’s the simple things that make you so happy.

I love watching you play with your baby dolls. All effectionally named bay-bee and all them a bit scary looking. You absolutely love taking care of them all. You feed them, play patty cake, sing, brush their their nonexistent hair, hug and kiss them, take them shopping in shopping cart, put them to sleep, undress them and then ask me to put their clothes back on. It is so sweet. It’s not sweet when decide you have had a enough of them and throw them up in the air and then yell – boo-boo. We are working on changing that one.

I love that you love books. Your favorites change all the time and before bed you pick out the books that you want to read.

Oh how I love being your mama.

I’ll stop the gushing and just say thanks for being such a fun, loving, caring kid. I am so proud of you.

Happy Birthday sweet Annmarie.

All my Love,
Mama
P.S. And don't worry we will have ice cream for you today!

P.S.S. At your two year check-up you weighed in at 24.5 lbs and about 35 inches.

4 comments:

Papa Grandma said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART
There isn't a day that goes by that we aren't thinking of you,we
love you so much,see you soon!

Kristine said...

Happy birthday sweet girl!!

You must be so excited about all the talking Angela! I'M excited! :) Hope you both have an awesome day down in warm California. So jealous today...we're covered in snow here.

K

Cathy B. said...

Happy Birthday my sweet Annmarie!

Thank you for making my life so full of joy and love. I will forever remember the first time I held you and the first time you said "Nana". You are the most perfect gift to all of us and bring magic to our lives every day!

Love, Nana

The GVZs said...

Happy Birthday, AM! We are so lucky to know you.