Bonnie actually had the idea that every year we should get together to celebrate. So this evening Bonnie and Uncle Jon (Annmarie's Godparents) and us went to dinner at Bocce Cafe, the same restaurant we went to after Annmarie's baptism.In future years I see this day turning into a special day that Annmarie can share with her Godparents. Bonnie can teach Annmarie how to make vegan cupcakes for example. And Jon can teach Annmarie how to play pinball. It's a good thing that Bonnie has forgiven Jon for chasing her with a axe (when he was 10 and psychotic).
We are lucky to have Bonnie and Uncle Jon a part of Annmarie's life. Jamie has known Bonnie since we was 5 years old, there are not a lot of people you can say that about. And Bonnie and I have become great friends. Jamie's brother Jon just adores his niece. We know these two people will always be there for Annmarie, to help her through life, to teach her how to recycle, to show her old cartoons, to explain the comforts of a turtleneck, and the importance to always dress up for Halloween.
We had a nice dinner this evening, Annmarie was on good behavior and enjoyed peeking into the kitchen and loved Bonnie's pasta. She gave everyone butterfly kisses and rested with Uncle Jon.
And since we are in the season of giving thanks. We are thankful for a lot things, Bonnie and Uncle Jon are two of them.

4 comments:
Adorable - AM is a lucky girl to be able to count on Jon and Bonnie to teach her lots of things about the world.
If I had an axe it's because I was being picked on. How dare you Bonnie.
This is really sweet. AM is a lucky girl.
I could be quite the mean girl at times but face it Jon-you were a unique child. AM looks so little!
Post a Comment