Here is some of what we have been up to the last two months.
The kids and I went along to a little wildlife event. That's Ben standing up and trying to get closer to creepy bugs and the picture next to it is a Sydney Funnel spider, only one of the most dangerous spiders in the world, so it seems fitting to bring it out amongst a bunch of little childern.
These magnet tiles Ben is posing with are one of his favourite toys - loves them. And I love it when the kids sit, draw, colour, etc.
I had a fun night out in Potts Point in Sydney celebrating a friend's birthday. The night included pre drinks at the Roosevelt, Dinner at The Butler and then the Victoria Room and Eau-de-Vie Bar, where I had this drink pictured below. That's fairy floss (cotton candy) on the drink with a paper plane, it was very cute and sweet and by sweet, I mean the drink was like all sugar, but very good. I'd go back to all these places. We also stayed the night in a hotel and enjoyed brekky at Mr Mo in Darlinghurst. Moments like this, make being a adult fun.
A couple of weeks later I headed to the Blue Mountains for two sleeps with said friend for a little head space. We enjoyed our time eating, drinking, shopping, we took a crochet class and even had a spa treatment. Some places I want to remember included a fab dinner at The Garage, a cute little cafe called The Gingerbread House that has all sorts of goodies, and the stunning views at the Hydro Majestic Hotel and at Blackheath. So fab. We stayed up there on a Thursday Friday night and arrived back home on Sat evening back in time for Mother's day. Jamie had do the whole morning thing on Friday with the kids and get both of them to school with lunches and what not, there was soccer too. He's a great Dad and I'm so thankful he can handle it.
My babies and some knits.
Poor Ben was sick with a ear infection. Wipes him out.
I have perfected our Bacon Egg Roll. I think, like most good food, it comes down sourcing the best foods. A friend of ours gets the most delicious organic double yoke eggs at the markets in Sydney. Bacon from our local butcher. Rolls from the french bakery. Some fresh greens and a little relish sauce and Bam! The picture doesn't do it justice.
Always busy outside, typically with sticks and dirt and digging.
Jamie travels. Overseas. A lot. These are some pictures from a trip back to SF and Tokyo. The one from Tokyo is a Japanese Mariachi Band. Who knew. As I type this he is in Beijing.
Annmarie's soccer has been going along but there has been many cancellations due to all the rain.
Both kids are still swimming and Ben has really made some great strides and I feel fairly comfortable that he can make it to the edge of a pool on his own.
School. Both kids enjoy school. Ben is happy to go, especially when Jamie takes him. Annmarie is doing well and is involved in a signing choir. There is a lot on next term that will keep us busy.
Then there is life stuff like, Birthday parties, meal planning, take away nights. During the winter it's nice getting the kids to bed early. Jamie and I often get take away of Friday night and every now and then Annmarie may stay up a bit, but she is typically tired from the week and if there is soccer in the morning we try to get her to sleep early. Jamie and I managed one night out at the French restaurant in the village, the mussels were superb.
And then at the end of the Month - 27 May, we left for a Hawaii. More on that one to come!
I'll leave with this little gem
xx










No comments:
Post a Comment