Friday, August 02, 2013

Lately

Ok right, it's been awhile, like a month. So I'll just ramble and list some of what happened in July.

School Holidays -Annmarie was out on School Holiday's for the first two weeks of July. We didn't do much. Slept in, made pancakes for breakfast, played with friends and visited Dad at work. It was nice not having to live by the school bell, but we were all happy for school to start back up.

Annmarie's Teeth - A couple of months ago Annmarie's lower two bottom permanent teeth started coming up behind her baby teeth. Also known as shark teeth (Dr Google). We let them be for awhile to see if the two baby teeth would loosen and nothing happened; so we took her to the dentist. The dentist wasn't too concerned with them at the moment and told us we (and by we I mean Jamie - he took her) could wait a bit longer to see if they would fall out naturally, he could refer us to a peds dentist or he could pull the two bottom teeth. Right then and there Annmarie said she wanted her baby teeth out, so he pulled them. He numbed her up, told her he was going in with some water, but gave her shots of Novocaine (she claims she didn't feel the shots)! And just like that he extracted her teeth! She was a total champ. Girl will cry over writing a letter backwards, but having her teeth extracted, no big deal. I'm pretty sure if I would have taken her to the appointment, I would have said we'll just wait a bit longer and I certainty wouldn't have been able to see him extract the teeth like Jamie did. She even went to a birthday party right after. That evening the tooth fairy left her two, two dollar gold coins, she was thrilled. Sorry no picture, seems a little invasive.

Here are some random photos from my phone over the school holiday.

Walk/Hike - We went on this little walk down the road from us that leads to a waterfall. It's about 1K to the waterfall and Ben walked/ran almost all of it. It was a beautiful little walk.



French Knitting - Annmarie is really into French Knitting. Here is a link to it if you want the DIY. It basically makes a really long cable and I have no idea what you can do with it.  She learned how to do it at school. She is really into at the moment and it's a great way to kill time, versus TV or the iPad. 
Gross Motor - Annmarie's primary school has a great outpouring of parent support. Parents volunteer for literacy groups, math groups, computer time, gardening and others. Jamie and I try to do our bit and we have been helping out with gross motor. Once a week, weather permitting (it's outdoors), different little stations are set up that work on, balance, dribbling, eye hand coordination, etc. It's complete chaos. Kindergarten teaches rock, seriously. We've been doing it all year, but I've gone to the last two they've had this term and I leave with my head spinning and sounding like a five year old Aussie - it's not cute. 

Open Day - At the end of the month there was a open day at school. Jamie and I visited Annmarie's classroom and looked through her workbooks and saw all her art projects on the wall - she was so proud.  Then there was a little concert; all the years did a little performance and the kindergarteners along with their year six buddies sang The Silly Postman Song.  Afterwards, the parents were able to stay for morning tea and buy treats from the canteen, which consisted of sausage rolls and meat pies.
Man Flu - Ben got sick at the end of the month. Nothing a little babbyccino couldn't fix, well for 5 minutes at least. Ben is a bit dramatic when he is sick. Thankfully, this one didn't last long.
We also went out and saw Ben Ottewell of Gomez - so good. Enjoyed rainbows and sunsets and of course, lots of coffee. Oh the coffee (and wine), that gets me through the snotty noses, Annmaries' dramas, Bens' dramas and all the not so pretty stuff.
 xx

No comments: