Monday, December 05, 2011

Bonnie Visits Part I - Koala Park and Sydney

We had the awesome privilege of having a live-in Nanny for a couple of weeks - Bonnie. I kid, but seriously, she was a huge help, she cooked, cleaned, and babysat. She was especially helpful when Jamie left us for four nights to go to Singapore. We paid her by allowing her to drink as much of our beer and wine as she wanted.

We also did some of fun stuff - went to the Koala Park, took the ferry Sydney, went to the beach, sat and had coffee, had dance parties with Annmarie, watched countless YouTube videos (Annmarie's favorites included - Charlie bit my finger and the Jimmy Kimmel Halloween Candy One), went to parks, saw Breaking Dawn, baked and more.

I took a good amount of pictures, so I will do this in a couple of posts

First, here are the pictures from our visit to the Koala Park.

We checked out the lambs first. Here is a naked one.
We then visited the roo's. We sent Annmarie in first.
I think it may have been awhile since they had been feed, because some of them were pretty aggressive.
Then it was on to the koalas. Do you know that muma koalas leave their bubs up in a tree in about a years time?
On a Friday while Annmarie was at preschool, we took the Ferry over to Sydney.

Ben wasn't so sure about it.
We walked around the Opera house and had drink at the Opera bar - it's right there below in the picture.
Checked out a some of the botanical gardens.
We then had an unimpressive lunch and hopped back on the ferry.It ended up being a beautiful day and really warmed up.

Next up - Angela gets out of the house for SIX hours!!

No comments: