I don’t know what to say, other than I guess I’m going to say it……and I’m going to say a lot.
The party. The movie. ROCKED!
I felt a little pressure going into this party and that it wouldn't live up to the New Moon Party. But it did. It was great. I’m thinking as long as Edward is there watching over you, it makes for a good party. And good friends, friends that like having fun and don’t take themselves too seriously. Because really, we're talking vampires here.
The details.Guests received a little card in the mail that could be used as bookmark to get them excited for the party. I think it’s a good contrast to add to the refrigerator where most people have baby announcements and kid art.
I was fortunate enough to have Susie and Vanessa come over Saturday morning to help with the prep work. Thank you girls.
I didn’t even get a picture of final cupcakes topped with a warm melted ganache. Oh my. Make these cupcakes – recipe here.The place was decorated with Twilight inspired themes and quotes that I found here.
The little trees were given out as favors to ‘green up’ the party and are inspired by the story.Oh hello me! Now this is a fairly decent and respectable picture. Take note, because after this picture all madness ensues. At least there is one.
Not five minutes later Vanessa captured this photo – Angela, the vampire wine bottle opener. Who knew I was so dramatic when opening a bottle of vino.
My awesome party guests and more importantly great friends.
After enjoying some food, drink, and deep Edward talk we gathered for a fierce game of Twilight Pictionary.
Vangie below probably had the hardest clue – Wuthering Heights.Intense I say. See Ashley there in the middle with her fist clenched. Well, she just happens to be a total rock star. She is the one who created the ever so popular petition to make Breaking Dawn rated R. The petition has been circulating all over Facebook and blogs. We all felt privileged to have her at the party.
Michele probably got the second hardest clue – Mortal.

The game went into a speed round and the team that won received small Edward Sparkling Wines and the losing team got Jacob Hot Tamales.
The laughs were good.
And what would a party be without a recreation of The Meadow? Well, it would be......um, er, let's just say it wouldn't be a party.
I’m telling you - madness. And I will spare the rest of my guests the meadow scene pictures. You know, in case they ever want to work again.
Why you ask am I standing on the sofa? Well, to get good pictures of course. Why am I posting it? I want to remember all the good fun that was had. This picture says fun. And in twelve years when my daughter wants to go to the whoever the next Justin Bieber is concert; all she’ll have to say is ‘but Mom, you wore skinny jeans - skinny jeans to your party - a Eclipse party’. Ok, you win. And I’ll remember what it’s like to have good silly fun. On second thought maybe I should take the picture down.
Group shots.
I love how Ashley is holding Edward’s hand. She is a good Southern girl.
(And yes this post still has a ways to go)
Drinks and Edward - need I say more.V and I. She told me she liked holding the tree because it made her feel like Bella in the first movie holding her cactus.
Hello Edward. Let’s hope I don’t get thrown in jail for any copyright violations. And thanks Susie for the brilliant idea.After the movie we headed to the Wine Jar to celebrate some more and discuss the movie.
Love this pic of Vanessa – I’m thinking new profile picture.Michele and Lauren. Right around this time I took Lauren’s hand and asked her what if I don’t meet any friends in Australia that like Twilight. She kindly assured me I would, but that I should probably take it slow. Got it, thanks Lauren. Man, I’m going to miss these girls.
And now we come to the end. I hope you enjoyed yourself.
Cheers! To an amazing evening!
Oh wait – one more.
Really. The End.


3 comments:
AMAZING ANGE! I love it. So fun!
Great post!!!!!
Your parties are worth reading the books for. I am sorry I missed it. :(
Post a Comment