I started reading about photography on the internet, I bought a book and also tried reading my camera manual, but all that just confused me. I made it a resolution to learn how to use my camera this year, so I started searching the internet for classes and found an awesome bay area photographer that offered workshops.
So on Sunday I took an all day photography workshop with the incredibly talented Augie Chang. See his website and blog for his work (I so wish he was our wedding photogrpher). I learned a ton of stuff about my camera and photography and also had fun doing it.

I learned a lot about my camera, lenses, ISO, exposure, aperture, shutter speed, composition and a lot more. All the stuff I have read about, but never really understood.
For example, I learned why things like this happen.
While I learned a lot about my camera and how to use it, I also realize that it takes a lot more than knowing how to use your camera to get a 'good' shot. You also have to have an eye for it. It's truly an art. Also, having the right lenses and equipment makes a big difference. I still have the stock lens my camera came with and I am looking to upgrade it. I'm now in a better place to go back and read some of the advice I have read on the internet and different blogs and make a decision about which lens to buy. I'm glad I just didn't go out and buy one before the workshop. All this can get pretty expensive and I'll need to stay within a budget.
I'm glad I invested in the workshop and there is a part II and III to Augie's workshop that I'm interested in taking in the future. I first want to play around with what I learned, buy a new lens, and see how I improved. I still need a lot of practice. I don't expect to have professional looking photo's, but I hope to get the most out my camera and our memerios. Because that is what is most important to me. I realize getting the 'perfect' shot is not always going to happen.
Also, if you are interested-some of the blogs I have found useful can be found-here, here and here.-----
On another note spring has appeared to have sprung around here already. Everything is starting to bloom.
(I could improve this pic in photoshop, something else I may need to get.)

2 comments:
Thanks so much for the love!!! I look forward to seeing you in my future PART 2 and 3 workshops! Keep on shooting!
We totally wanted him for our wedding, but was too champagne for our beer budget. I have heard amazing things about the workshop though--very cool that you were able to take it. I think your photos are fabulous and can't wait to see what you do with your new skillz.
Post a Comment