Saturday, July 11, 2009

100th Post! The Blog

In honor of our 100th post, I thought I would touch upon the history (all 7 months of it) of the blog. I think it’s fair to say that I have pretty much taken over the blog. Jamie has made some contributions and he will sometimes edit the posts, add a little commentary here and there, but I like to keep him involved, so I like to refer to the blog as “our” blog. Heck, it’s named after him.

Jams’ house started under this simple vision - “This is our attempt to capture the everyday moments that we will want to remember forever”. Awwww. I came up with that. I'm deep like that. Well, I think I actually saw it on some scrapbook stuff I had. I tried scrapbooking and I completed one project and never finished the second, which was our trip to Paris circa 2004. Scrapbooking is just not me. And I’m ok with that. I have moved on. Someday I will figure out what to do with the thousand of photo’s I have on the computer. I regress. Anyway, the statement is simple and that is what I’m, I mean we are trying to accomplish by blogging.

The goal here is the everyday moments. Our ordinary life is being captured and to me that is priceless. Because it’s the everyday things that often get forgotten (getting deep again). A sick baby, fun days at the park, a meal with good friends, a good recipe, a good book, the phenomena known as Twilight (had to get that in there), and for Jamie, a great run. This is the good stuff. It’s this stuff that is shaping our lives. I want to remember this.

I also like taking pictures and I can work on my writing. Something I have never been good or comfortable with. My little voice (and Jamie’s) is being heard (by our 20 or so readers), which at times can be a little scary, but thrilling at the same time. But I am finding it very rewarding. I like this blog thing. A lot.

I also like to think how great it would be to have a blog my grandmother wrote or even my mother. To read simple motherly advice, a recipe, a simple life experience, etc., would be very special to me. Maybe they have a secret diary I don’t know about, but I doubt it.

Reading other blogs plays a role in all of this too. Once in a while I come across a blog that reminds me of how fortunate we are. I have shed tears when I have read about a baby being diagnosed with cancer or of a husband losing his wife after delivering their baby daughter. Their ability to share their stories with us is amazing. I also laugh daily with my friend’s blogs and other mom blogs.

I don’t get too hung up on people leaving comments. They are nice (very nice) to receive, but you can see we don’t get many. I’m ok with that. That’s not why I do this. I am also not worried about our life being out there on the big bad Internet. We tow a fine line with what we put out there and what we choose to keep private.

So with all that said, I encourage anyone and everyone I know to start a blog. Let it out people! Let's hear your voice! Oh, and leave a comment, or don't, either way is fine.

Angela

P.S. So the name – Jams’ house. Jams’ is one of Jamie’s more appropriate nicknames. And since I didn’t take his last name, I thought I would boost his ego a little bit and name the blog after him.

4 comments:

The GVZs said...

I love the blog. I read it every day :) And don't feel too bad about taking over. I don't think BVZ even READS our blog.

Cathy B. said...

Love to read the blog first thing every morning - the perfect way to start my day.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! I love reading it. LOVE all the AM pictures and the food pictures too!!!!

Joy said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! I love reading it. LOVE all the AM pictures and the food pictures too!!!!