Tuesday, February 10, 2009

All Done

Today, Annmarie officially made the transition away from breast feeding. 14 months ago, Annmarie started her life eating through a bottle, breast milk in a bottle that is. We worked very hard to get her to feed naturally with me and I would say it took about a month for Annmarie to get comfortable with it and about three months for me. It hurt like nothing else in the beginning and thankfully it stopped hurting. Then after another month or so, Annmarie flat out refused to take a bottle. I returned to work after taking 6 months off and I started pumping so she could get her milk when I was gone. Since she would not take the bottle, we found other ways of giving it to her, like getting her to sip through a medicine spoon, and then later through a sippy cup. I would then do multiple feeds when I got home from work. I always hoped that the weaning process with Annmarie would go smoothly and that it would just happen naturally for both of us. And that appears to have happened. It’s a bittersweet feeling. I cherish the experience and I’m so grateful to have had it. I will miss it, but alas the time seems right for both of us. So with that said…………Margaritas anyone!!!!
(This picture was taken exactly a year ago)

1 comment:

The GVZs said...

14 months is an amazing accomplishment. Yeah for margaritas!