After we took her back home for her nap, I decided to take my second annual trail run up Montara Mountain outside of Pacifica. I just decided to make it second annual when I remembered I also ran it last year on MLK day. While last year there was a light rain and it was quite muddy, the 2009 version brought 74 degree temps and not a cloud in the sky. Montara Mountain is about a 1800 ft climb over 3.5 miles.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Rave Run
Ok, so this is my first time posting. Angela has written most of this stuff so far, I'm just the editor. But I'll take the wheel from here.
After we took her back home for her nap, I decided to take my second annual trail run up Montara Mountain outside of Pacifica. I just decided to make it second annual when I remembered I also ran it last year on MLK day. While last year there was a light rain and it was quite muddy, the 2009 version brought 74 degree temps and not a cloud in the sky. Montara Mountain is about a 1800 ft climb over 3.5 miles.
About 3/4 of the trail up is steep but runnable, while the other half is pretty rocky and narrow, and I've had to walk that portion both times I've done it now. The trail is also crawling with poison oak so you really need to concentrate to stay on the trail. About 45 minutes later, I hit the top and looked down at SF, Mt. Tam and the Pacific in the distance. Not a bad way to end the weekend.
After we took her back home for her nap, I decided to take my second annual trail run up Montara Mountain outside of Pacifica. I just decided to make it second annual when I remembered I also ran it last year on MLK day. While last year there was a light rain and it was quite muddy, the 2009 version brought 74 degree temps and not a cloud in the sky. Montara Mountain is about a 1800 ft climb over 3.5 miles.
Labels:
AM,
Jamie Runs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jamie- I am showing this to Jeff to convince him your area is beautiful and a place to visit or move - we are looking for a better climate and something that offers different things to do! Kansas is not the place! I am envious of your life!! Annmarie is a beautiful Uriarte!!
Post a Comment